The Back to School season has started. How are you preparing your child for the new school year? I’ve listed a few tips for parents that are getting their little learners ready for the new school year. Read the tips below and tell us how you’re preparing for the new school year. For those families who have already officially started their back to school routines tell us if you did any of the tips below prior to sending your child back to the classroom.
BACK TO SCHOOL TIPS FOR PARENTS:
- Make sure your child is in good physical and mental health. Make all dosctor’s appoints now.
- Get all school medical forms filled out by your family physicians.
- Review all school material and information regarding the start of the new school year.
- Highlight important dates during the school year (holidays, meetings, days off, etc.). mark your home calendar with these dates.
- Buy school supplies. make sure you double-check all school supply list.
- Re-establish Routines. It’s time to start thinking about and setting new bed-times and meal routines.
- School Clothes! Whether it’s a uniform your children have to wear or regular clothing, it’s time to set aside the school clothes. Make sure your children have everything they need to ensure comfort during the school day.
- For older children you can talk to them about homework and designate a specific homework place. For the early childhood learner you can designate an art or play area.
- Visit the school. Take a trip to your child’s school to prepare them for their new school year.
- Enjoy the last days of Summer and vacation together. During this quality time you can talk about all of the things they expect to experience during the new school year and set some goals.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are that of Monica J.