School is back in session and parents around the country are deciding on what snacks to throw in lunch boxes, backpacks or to have waiting at home for after school. I have a few favorites that are mom approved and of course auntie approved. There are some great products on the market that are perfect for children to have during their school lunch period, at home and especially for extra energy during after-school programs. There are kid-friendly brands that serve up some of the best healthy and fun options. I’m sharing 5 of my favorite snacks for kids. My niece and nephew eat most of these and I always keep snacks for my students especially for my one-on-one or small group sessions. What’s your favorite snack for the kids? Do you currently favor any of the snacks below? Please share some of your lunch box secrets in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are that of Monica J. I was not compensated to write this review. For further information on each kid’s snack, please visit the individual websites or consult your family nutritionist.
1. For your school-aged kids Plum Organics offers snack size sandwich bars called Jammy Sammy. These snacks are almost like having a mini sandwich except they are filled with yummy ingredients like strawberry jam and peanut butter. They come in a variety of flavors, seven to be exact. www.plumorganics.com
2. Yum-a-roo’s from Nurturme are a new introduction to the brands healthy line food and snacks for babies and tots. These snack bags are packed with organic fruits and veggies which are harvested and quick dried. This snack is easily ready for little hands add to their lunch box or for mom and dad to have on trips to the park or for family outing. www.nurturme.com
3. GoGo Squeeze is applesauce on the go. It’s as simple as that. They come in a seven different flavors and they are a great option for organic families, kosher families, gluten-free families, wheat free and vegan families. www.gogosqueeze.com
4. Funny Face Dried Cranberries – the perfect healthy snack for any lunch box and they even go great in cookie recipes. These cranberries have 50% less sugar than traditional dried cranberries and 5 times the fiber. They are sold in a box 8 6-0.75 oz. packs and box of 6 bags at 5 oz. The Funny Face Cranberries come in four different flavors. My favorite is the raspberry. www.funnyfacecranberries.com
5. If your child is more of a dipper, then the Slam Dunk snack from Plum Organics is perfect for them. This snack comes with vanilla wheat sticks and a creamy fruit based dip. it’s the perfect fun snack. www.plumorganics.com